Wednesday 3 June 2015

Me Made May - the end

Ottobre Autumn Mood tee, Tate skirt
So, Me Made May is at an end.  I wore me made every day but didn't photo every day. I have put in most of my photos here - anything not me made is second hand I think.  So, what did I learn?  Well, I do like the versatility and wearability of a denim staple...I wore my denim Portfolio dress four or five times, my Tate skirt four times, and my V1247 denim..um..lost count. I like the denim pieces as I can add colourful and patterned tops without being too crazy lady. I also fell back into love with my V1247 bright green cord skirt.  In fact I am thinking making another V1247 skirt as I like it so much. I realise that my default photo pose is slightly hunched, hands in pockets, not sure what conclusions to draw there.
Vogue 1247 skirt in green cord

Ottobre Autumn Mood tee, Tate skirt

Sew Lisette portfolio dress, aka Simplicity 2245
I finished my Amazing Fit trousers as seen below but the fit isn't amazing YET and I have to unpick and take the waist in a bit.  I wore them twice but they aren't quite right yet.  I plan to blog fully about them soon.  May was so cold that I have a large amount of summery me mades that were not worn at all...sleeveless tops and shorts, summer skirts and dresses all remained in the wardrobe.
Simplicity 1696 Amazing Fit Trousers


Ottobre Summer '14 painted Roses Top 

Butterick top, Vogue 1247 skirt
Sew Lisette Traveller Dress, aka Simplicity 2246
Tova tunic blouse, Sew Liberated Skinny 


Me made apron, V1247 skirt

Sew Liberated skinny jeans, Painted Roses top from Ottobre (unblogged)

Just had to include this for the ghostly child image
I am glad I took part as it got me out of my jeans and top rut, and I enjoyed wearing my skirts and dresses.  I love my red jeans.  I love being able to say "I made it" if someone compliments an item of clothing.  So anyone else have fun with May?  Thank you to Zoe for organising it again.  This year I was slightly out of the community as I'm not on flickr or instagram but I think that was good for me as I would never have kept up with so many images and people!

6 comments:

  1. Good for you for doing it! I have trouble with posing too. I think you're probably most comfortable when you're interacting with others...more (ghostly) child shots! How do you like the Sew Liberated skinnies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like my red sew liberated jeans, though I feel a bit of a cheat with an elastic waistband! My blue denim ones are too tight now. I do have to wear a long top tho to hide the elastic. Xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I love being able to say 'I made it' too, isn't it satisfying! I've really enjoyed MMMay this year too, though I didn't get involved with the community aspect as much as I'd have liked but giving attention to a small boy was much more important! I know you say youre glad to get out your jeans and top rut, but my first thought on seeing this pics was how much I like your red jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, a small boy would demand a lot of attention. I'm glad you like the red jeans, I do love them. It was such nice fabric (Ditto in Brighton) x

      Delete
  4. Your outfits are so cute! You've got a large handmade wardrobe, and it makes for varied outfits! Looks like a successful May to me! :)

    ReplyDelete