Monday 6 June 2011

5th and 6th June - Simplicity 2245








Day 5 - ugh - I felt so ill all day. I fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon on the carpet outside the bathroom. Not good. I had a carpet pattern on my cheek when I got up. I wore Lisette for Simplicity 2245 top made from stash.


Verdict: Lovely top, very wearable. A straightforward pattern to make.



Moving swiftly on, Day 6 Feeling much better.

Lisette for Simplicity 2245 dress made in denim. I made this while I was offline in May. I was given some money for my birthday so like any self respecting sewer I spent some of it on fabric. The pockets of this dress are lined in a scrap fabric from my stash. You can see in the photo that this denim does wrinkle a bit as I go through the day but nevertheless I love wearing this dress. It is so comfy to wear and was simple and straightforward to make.



I went down a size when making it as my last one was a bit too roomy. I also gave it short sleeves as the three quarter length ones on the pcket photo just look wrong on me. I don't know what it is but they do.

Verdict:
A great dress, useful pockets.

I bought the denim from doughtysonline - and would like to say what fab service they offer. Half an hour after placing my order I had a phone call to say the denim I had ordered was out of stock but would I like another in a slightly darker shade! I said yes and it arrived the next day.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been poorly - hope you feel better today. LOVE denim dress - it's fab & feels very you. Are these Lisette patterns? (I'm a bit behind the game on this range!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, denim dress with pockets! :) Hope you're feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh LOVE the denim Portfolio! I have one all cut out and ready to sew, but my denim is a ligbter shade. :)
    So glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete