Tuesday 14 June 2011

12th, 13th, 14th June

ON Saturday I wore my 2259 brown floral top but didn't get a photo. We spent most of the day in the woods with some friends and their new dog. He is from a rescue kennel and is thought to be a corgi crossed with a collie. Imagine that... he is corgi size but with a long sweepy tail.


12th June by Minnado
Sunday - Day 12 - so cold and raining all day. I hadn't expected to wear this tunic in June as it is a wool mix and usually for winter/autumn but I did. It is made from Amy Butler's Anna Tunic pattern with added patch pockets. I love wearing it as it is so comfy but I think (and hope) not too frumpy. There are still rain spatters down the front in this picture. Later on I did something so very stupid...I got a big blob of pva glue inthe middle of the front of the tunic.
Day 13 - I wore my me-made nautical t shirt from Sew U home Stretch but sorry no photo again. It was a busy day, in the morning I took Little I to the theatre to see the stage version of The Tiger who came to Tea
A great show to take little kids to, I recommend it if you get a chance.
Anyway, enough digression, back to me mades,

Day 14



Self drafted skirt from furnishing fabric with home made bias trim. Little I had grabbed it in this photo and was pulling the skirt at an awkward angle. There is a better picture of the skirt here


Verdict: A happy skirt but one that creases a lot and could do with either lining or a half slip underneath.


I have a glamorous day planned...no not really... I have to clean out our sand table as we forgot to put the lid on it and next door's cat has peed in the playsand. How nice is that? I hope you are doing something more fun with your day? Can anyone top cleaning neighbour's cat pee in the "howdidmylifecometothis" stakes?

4 comments:

  1. Love your skirt, that trim is so cute! I had an early morning today, I went to do a "healthy eating" school project with some fellow medstudents in a 3rd grade class. I had fun, so it definitely doesn't top cleaning out cat pee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, well at least you looked cute while you were cleaning out the sand table! We had a neighbouring cat coming in during the night regularly at one point and "spraying" in my children's bathroom. I was going through disinfectant like never before... but thankfully it seems to have got bored with that and I haven't had to clean up any wee for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe a new dog will add even more of those lovely moments to your life-- although nothing beats cat pee. Actually congrats on the doggie--I love mutts.
    The bias trim on your happy skirt is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete