Thursday 26 August 2010

Wearable Art, Sugar and Spice....













It was raining and in a bid to get them away from tv, I got out the fabric paints and I gave T and Little I each a piece of calico. They did a bit of driving cars through the paint, then got busy with brushes.
Then in the evening I sewed Little I's fabric piece into a skirt for her. She is not a girly girl and this skirt suits her personality. She was very proud of the skirt she had made and wore it all day. (I am not sure though if I have just lost the plot and gone too far???)
But on the whole I tend to think that these are the kind of sartorial decisions a three year old can get away with though. (Believe me if she didn't want to wear it, she wouldn't!)


























5 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah it looks great on her bet she was so chuffed!!I know what you mean my Angel 5 nearly same age just isn't a dress/skirt type although she does choose to wear a fairy layered skirt quite often! Think I will get out the fabric pens I have and reuse the white p.e t- shirts that have gone too small for my 7 yr old!It is hard to prise them away from peppa pig,something special and chowder!beckyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, she was very chuffed. Re using old PE shirts is a good idea. Unfortunately my son's PE shirts are royal blue! I know what you mean about prising away from TV especially when its rubbish weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skirt. . . nice change from the usual girly ruffled stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sigrid - she isn't really a ruffled girly girl.

    ReplyDelete