Thursday 28 January 2010

Traffic lights


There are currently major road alterations outside my house and yes, I mean right outside. The existign road is being widened and a new roundabout being created. This picture shows the traffic lights waiting to be set up last monday morning outside my next door neighbour's house. This picture was taken at 8.15 am and it is so dark! YUK.
Anyway it is very noisy all day every day, traffic a bit chaotic and it is frustratingly hard to access our house as we have a temporary traffic light outside our gate. All this is due to the new Tesco store opening at the end of our road. Two years ago when making one of my sporadic complaints to my local councillor (yes, I know this is a sign of incipient middle age) she kindly informed me that a new tesco store was "Progress" and large superstores are the "way forward". No, no no I cry, but as you can see our protests fell on deaf ears. Roll on our house move, whenevr that may!

No comments:

Post a Comment